* Please refer to our virtual course packet for the Harvard Business School Case studies*
- Angeline Close Scheinbaum, PhD
- Associate Professor | The University of Texas at Austin
- Stan Richards School of Advertising | Belo Center for New Media
- Moody College of Communication
- 300 W. Dean Keaton
- Austin, TX 78712-1069
- Office: BMC 4.368
- (512) 788-2480
- email@example.com *students please use Canvas*
- Name: Jacob Copple
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org *students please use Canvas*
- Office hours: TBA for Spring 2017
- Office: Station 2, Belo Center for New Media, 4th floor
Teaching Assistant: Integrated Communication Management (Graduate Level)
- Name: TBA
- Email: TBA *students please use Canvas*
- Office hours: TBA
- Office: TBA
Class Schedule: Spring 2017
Psychology of Advertising ADV319 M,W 3-4:30 (note we meet in the ETC) & Integrated Communications Management W 12:00-2:50
Spring Office Hours
- Professor Close Scheinbaum: W 11:00-12:00 (BMC, 4.368)
- Psychology of Advertising TA, Jacob: TBA (BMC, 4th floor, Station 2)
- Integrated Communications Management TA, Justin: TBA (Station TBA)
In addition to those on our syllabi, here are others:
Stan Richards School of Advertising & Public Relations Main Office
- (512) 471-1101, Belo Center for New Media (BMC), 4th floor
- Texas Advertising Site (Stan Richards School of Advertising & Public Relations)
- Go to the internships page to see about internship opportunities
Moody College of Communication Career Services
- (512) 471-9421
- I will encourage you to visit career services BEFORE your senior year. I ask that you bring me your resume your senior year if you are my student. I will then ask you to make a private appointment with our career services to perfect your resume and learn how to write a professional cover letter/e-mail. I encourage you to go to our career fair.
Texas Program in Sport and Media
- (512) 471-2431
- Students in and outside of advertising, I recommend our “Texas Program in Sports & Media” TPSM if you are interested in sport or event marketing. This certificate is great for other majors–such as marketing, etc.
Advertising Research Librarian/Database Expert
- Brittany Rhea Deputy, Communications Librarian, University of Texas Libraries
- PCL 2.430E l Phone: 512-495-4142
- Advertising Research Guide (for class projects): http://www.lib.utexas.edu/subject/advertising/index.html
- I highly recommend that each project team reach out to her for insights on how to best get scholarly resources for your secondary research.
Here is a sample of top ad agencies (worldwide) based on revenue from recent years. For research on ad agency’s use of websites sites, you may refer to our studies:
Finney, R. Z., Richard D. Parker, and Angeline G. Close (2004),”The Agency in Cyberspace: A Content Analysis of Ad Agency Homepages,” (Extended Abstract) Journal of Contemporary Business Issues.
R. Zachary Finney and Angeline G. Close (2006), “The Virtual Agency,” E-Commerce, E-Government and Mobile Commerce, Idea Group Reference, Mehdi Khosrow-Pour, ed. (ISBN# 1-59140-799-0), p. 1158-1162.
R. Zachary Finney and Angeline G. Close (2008), “The Virtual Agency as a New Force in the Promotions Industry,” Electronic Commerce: Concepts, Methodologies, Tools and Applications, S. Ann Becker, ed. (ISBN# 978-1-59904-943-4), p. 2240-2246. *Reprint of Finney and Close (2006)
Ad Agency Sites
Who is the most creative? ::Who specializes in what area? ::Which would you most like to work for?